Admission Rates ~ Hours ~ Location ~ Visitor Conduct and Rules
Our daily, free zoo shuttle between the Alaska Zoo and downtown Anchorage begins operation on May 15, 2015.
Shuttle Service Description:
- View and download our FULL SHUTTLE SERVICE SCHEDULE (PDF) for shoulder season (May & September) and regular summer season (June-August).
- Free, daily shuttle between the zoo and downtown Anchorage.
- Limited space, no reservations, first-come basis.
- Passengers are picked up DOWNTOWN AT THE 4TH AVENUE AND F STREET LOCATION and taken to the Alaska Zoo.
- The shuttle also drops passengers off at the same downtown location.
- Shuttle service exceptions: Our shuttle will be stopping service early on August 8, 2015 for the Birds, Bees & Wine! adult tour. Zoo will close at 7:30pm, last entry through the gate at 7pm. See shuttle schedule for modified times.
- Shuttle patrons also have the option of paying an extra fee to take one of our daily Discovery Tours. Learn more.
Travel to the zoo at other times of the year must be arranged in advance by you or the people you are traveling with. Options for your planning include taxi service, hotel shuttle or by regular car. No city bus service runs to the zoo. Check the People Mover bus schedule to see the location of the nearest stop.
Email email@example.com if you have additional shuttle questions while planning your trip to the Alaska Zoo.