Let us bring the zoo to you!
Contact our Outreach Coordinator at email@example.com or (907) 341-6458 for more information or to schedule an outreach program!
Download our 2013/2014 School Program Flyers (PDF)
When scheduling your program, please have the following information ready:
- Program you are interested in scheduling
- Preferred date and time
- Number and age of students
- Contact person's name, telephone number and email address
- Address and telephone number of school or education group
Animal Ambassador Outreach
Ambassador animals available: Great-horned owl, red-tailed hawk, porcupine, red fox, snowy owl, Northern goshawk, reptiles (turtles, ball pythons). Availability is subject to change.
- $80.00/presentation (Anchorage, Eagle River and Chugiak)
- $110.00/presentation (Girdwood and Mat-Su)
- Fees listed above are for one animal/one presentation
- Presentation time is 30-45 minutes, depending on the animal
- No maximum group size
- Travel to rural areas will require different pricing
- Fees are paid to the presenter at the time of program
Hands-On Animal Detectives
Let us bring our hands-on animal item collection to your location! Items include furs, feathers, antlers, skulls and more!
- $50.00/classroom (Anchorage, Eagle River and Chugiak)
- $80.00/classroom (Girdwood and Mat-Su)
- Program lasts roughly 30 minutes
- Maximum group size: 25 students (can do back-to-back programs)
- Fees are paid to the presenter at the time of the program
Zoo staff can speak on a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Polar Bears and Climate Change
- Animal Detectives
- Zoo Careers
- Specific animal species & natural history
- Zoo mission and history
- Topics and presentations can be modified/developed to meet your needs
- $50.00/presentation (Anchorage, Eagle River, Chugiak)
- $80.00/presentation (Girdwood and Mat-Su)
- Prices reflect programs selected from our list of pre-prepared topics. Custom topics will need fee adjustments.
- Travel to rural areas will require different pricing.
- Fees are paid to the presenter at the time of program.
- Programs vary, lasting up to 45 minutes