Bring Your Education or Camp Group on a Zoo Field Trip!
Ratios and Minimums:
- Groups must keep proper youth/adult ratios for safety on zoo grounds.
- Adults and/or chaperones must be age 18 or older and graduated from high school.
- Proper ratios are as follows:
- Ages 12 and under require at least one adult per five youth.
- Ages 13-17 require at least one adult per 10 youth.
- Groups scheduling programs must also meet minimum number requirements. Your group must have 10 people or more to schedule a program.
Scheduling and Contact Information:
- Programs must be scheduled in advance or you will be charged the higher group rate at admissions. A minimum of 24 hours in advance is required.
- When scheduling, please have the following information ready:
- Program of interest, preferred date/time, number/age of students, contact person's information (name, telephone number, email address), school or group information (name, address, telephone number).
- To schedule a Self-Guided Safari field trip during the school year:
- To schedule a Guided Encounter, Critter Tales, Hands-on Animal Detectives, Zoo School or Bear Zoo School field trip:
- Review the program descriptions (see flyer below) to find the right choice for your group.
- Have your scheduling information ready (see list above).
- Contact Nathan Hollenbeck at email@example.com or (907) 341-6458 to schedule.
Field Trip Program Descriptions:
* Please note that annual passes cannot be applied to program rates as they are necessary to cover staff time and program preparation.
Download our 2016/2017 Field Trip flyer (PDF)
BONUS ZOO SCHOOL: Download our Bear Zoo School flyer (PDF)